Employers, even of only one employee, are required to post current employment notices and distribute certain pamphlets. HR Posters must be displayed in a business location where employees can easily see it and read it. You will need both English and Spanish language documents if you have Spanish-speaking employees.
The Five Required Pamphlets are:
- Sexual Harassment pamphlet (required at hire)
- Workers’ Compensation Rights & Benefits pamphlet (required at hire)
- State Disability Insurance pamphlet (required at hire and for any employee taking a leave of absence for a covered reason)
- Paid Family Leave pamphlet (required at hire and for any employee requiring a leave of absence for a covered reason)
- Unemployment Insurance pamphlet (required for any staff member who is terminated, laid off or takes a leave of absence)
Where to Find HR Posters and Pamphlets*
Recommendation: California Chamber of Commerce has an online store that sells a “Required Federal, State Notices Kit” and San Francisco posters that provide a cost/time efficient solution to this requirement. Website: http://store.calchamber.com/products/10032178/MASTRNKP/CA-Employee-Notices-Kit
*Individual posters can be downloaded from Government websites for no charge, but it is a more time consuming approach.
CA State: http://www.dir.ca.gov/faqworkplacepostings3.htm
San Francisco City: http://sfgsa.org/index.aspx?page=430
In addition, you must separately post the most recent Wage Order specific to your industry. Recommendation: The California Chamber website Wage Order Wizard, no cost:
Select your industry and answer the questions, it will take you to the correct Wage Order.pdf file for posting.
EMPLOYMENT POSTERS & PAMPHLETS REQUIRED
Please contact me with any questions you have about postings state, federal, or city required employment notices.
Rita Casey, Ph.D.
Serving Clients in the San Francisco Bay Area and Nationwide by Phone and Email.